September 14, 2013

More Updates and Fun Things Anne Marie Did

Since Christmas time we have been doing so many fun things. Here are the highlights:

~Earlier in the year we had a greenhand bbq for the FFA and Anne Marie, being a new student was part of it.
~For homecoming last year everyone dressed up and here are the crazy ideas Anne Marie came up with. (: Nerd day, pirate day, disney character day (anne marie was russell), and seniors all wore black one day.
 
~For halloween Anne Marie and her friend, Kierstyn, dressed up in crazy makeup and then she and her friend, Annick, dressed up all cute for when they went trick or treating.
~We also had Thanksgiving at Karl's parent's house and Anne Marie loved being around and helping with the cows and eating lots of yummy food and pie. I found out her favorite food is pie!
 Flag football thanksgiving morning with Marleis, Anne Marie, and RaAnna.
~I was in the YW and Anne Marie and I got to participate in New Beginnings. She displayed pictures about herself and Norway and I played a recording of a song that I wrote. While she was with us she went to mutual, dances, and church on Sundays. She liked it, but she knew she wasn't allowed to join, so I'm not sure if she believes in it. But, I'm glad we had her go.
~Karl started, and still continues, to get regular CT scans so make sure the cancer is still gone, which it is!
~I introduced the wonders of peanut butter to Anne Marie. She had it before, but I had her try it with apples (which became a common snack in this house), with bananas in a sandwich, in my non-dairy home-made ice cream, or practically everything else.
~I participated in many blood drives for the school throughout last year, as well as volunteering for them. It was nice to stay involved in this community and to help those you see everyday.
~A neat experience Anne Marie got was to participate in Donkey Basketball. Yes, you read that correctly. They sit on a donkey while playing basketball. It is quite hilarious!
 (Anne Marie is on the right of the picture above and in the middle of the picture below.)
~Anne Marie also participated in the Weiser River Run while she was here.


No comments: