March 16, 2015

22 Week Update

How does the time go by so quickly??? We are definitely enjoying every minute we have with this little girl. She's growing so much. She's in the 94th percentile for height and 33rd percentile for weight. I calculated it on a website and it says that when she's an adult she'll be 5'11". That's insane! Haha! Lydia is such a sweet baby. I feel like I say that a lot, but it's true. She makes everyone smile. She talks, screams, squawks, and cries just like her mama. She can frown like me and it's so cuuute. She has the same lung capacity as Karl and me, but most of the time is a pleasant baby.
She got her 4 month shots and was feeling lethargic the day after. I don't mind the snuggles at all. Especially since she's my only baby. I'm giving her all the time I can to help her learn and grow. 
 We definitely love playtime. It happens a lot in this house. She can bring her feet up now and touch her toes. She can roll from side to side and front to back. rolling over isn't really her favorite. She'd rather be vertical in her jumper. 
 When we went to a basketball game where Karl works Lydia had a blow out. She got poop on all of her clothes so we found an FFA t-shirt and put it on her. We then stapled the neck for it to stay on. She was warm and happy an that's all that matters. Pretty innovative, I think.
 She is the sunshine of my life! She's definitely a morning person and loves life. She discovers new things every day. One day she stared at her hand for at least 5 minutes. She was learning about it while moving it around. I love the little things like that. 
 Every day she learns a new way to project her voice. She'll use that "method of the day" to cry or laugh or play. It's so funny how she does that! She's also starting to teethe. I haven't found any teeth that have popped out yet. She does like to grab and chew on anything though. She likes her frozen foot to chew on too. It really helps her gums feel better. 
 Since teething has started she's been extra clingy to me. She hasn't been a fan of new people lately, but it's okay. It's a phase and she'll grow out of it. This is my big girl sitting in a high chair at Five Guys. We had our lunch there and I can't believe she's already big enough for that! We need to start looking for a high chair of some sort for when she starts to eat real food. For now she's going to only have nursed milk until she has teeth.
When it was nice outside we put the jumper on the dog leash line. Our neighbors have a dog and they keep him there during the summer. Lydia loved bouncing outside. She loves being outside and going on walks with us. She looks like a little Easter egg huh?
  She's 5 months old now and has a few new tricks. She likes to walk around while holding our hands. She loves to bounce in her jumper that we keep in the doorway. She likes to sing and dance around. She doesn't mind being on the floor if we give her something to play with (aka chew on). She loves to read books with me. She scratches the pages and likes to turn them. Well, she can turn the page with a board book, but the paper ones like to end up in her mouth....or so she thinks. One of my favorite things that she does is suck on her bottom lip. It's almost like she doesn't need her pacifier. But she does like her pacifier when she's needing to settle down and go to sleep.
 I love that the simplest things make her giggle. Just looking at Karl or me makes her smile. She loves to be tickled and will laugh for a long time! She loves kisses and likes to give them back. When Karl holds her she likes to play with his hand. She'll touch his fingers and slap his palm like she's giving a high five. Last Friday we went to Green Canyon Hot Springs and took Lydia swimming for the first time. She LOVED it! She was kicking and splashing! She really loves the water. I knew she would because she enjoys bath time so much!!!
We like to sing primary songs with her and help her fold her arms during prayer time. When we do our night time prayer we like to hold each other's hands. I love that we are bonded spiritually as a family. I am so blessed to have Karl and Lydia in my life!!!

No comments: