February 3, 2015

16 Week update

Holy moly so much has happened! Lydia has been growing so fast. Where has the time gone??? She does so many fun things like giggle, coo/talk, and roll from her front to back. I love watching her learn new things every day. I love her HUGE toothless grin whenever she sees me. 
I love nursing. It's so nice to have moments like that to let us bond and pause from life for a few minutes. I love that she likes to stand when you hold her on your lap. I love that she enjoys her toys in her swing. I love placing her on my lap while playing the piano, and then noticing her fingers trying to play as well. I love how well behaved she is. (I'm so lucky!) 
I love it when her mouth moves, like she's eating, while she sleeps. I love that she loves people. It doesn't matter if it's a familiar face, she will still smile at them. I am grateful that she still is able to sleep while Karl plays with the band at the basketball games. (It doesn't happen all the time, but she still will get a nap in at games.) 
I love watching her little fingers try to grab everything. She'll then let go because she has to stroke things multiple times before deciding if she wants to hold it or not. I love having conversations with her. If I start to talk while she is talking she'll stop. If I admire what she's saying then she'll keep trying to talk. She says "ooo" and "mmmm" a lot. I love her big eyes and little nose. I love when she tries to sing. (Either at church or when I'm playing the piano at home.) 
I love that she sucks on her fingers, but mostly her thumb. And I love that her burps are more like belches. It's hilarious!

I loved this dress on her and I'm already sad that she's too big for it. She has such a big/cute smile!!!

 This picture was just before she was 2 months old and she already has so much hair!

Such a sweet heart at 2 months old!!!!
 I love my big girl! (:

Living proof that she loves her mamma.

This is Lydia and Jaxson watching the Christmas light show in Iona. Cute cousins.... They loved it!

Daddy's little girl. He's smitten with her.

She's a little blue-eyed beauty. There's a reason why Lydia means beautiful in Greek (:

This was Lydia's first Christmas. We went home to Fruitland for 2014 Christmas and loved it so much. We were there for a couple weeks and we had so much fun. All of Karl's siblings were there.

This was the Sunday after we came home from Christmas break. My little baby doll looked like the perfect present. We even wore matching pearl bracelets at church. ;)

Oh man I can't get enough of this cutie pie. She weighed 12 lbs. 7 oz. and was 24.5 in. long at her last WIC check-up. 

This is what I call the "Josie" face. Lydia does it a lot and it reminds us of one of Karl's students from Cambridge. 

During Martin Luther King Jr. weekend Karl took Brandon and Nicole's (two of my siblings) families snowmobiling. I decided to stay behind and watch the babies. Trey and Lydia had a fun time bonding. Such cute cousins!

This is Lydia in a cloth diaper. I am a huge fan of the cloth diapers right now. They are saving us so much money right now. They hold babies from 7 lbs. to 30 lbs. Since I'm still nursing it's not so bad cleaning the diapers. 

Oh man, this is one of my favorites! She blows raspberries all day. She just makes bubbles and spits all day, it's so adorable! AND I love that it creates extra dimples. Ugh I just want to squeeze her face! She is also so ticklish, especially right before she goes to sleep. I love tickle time!

I love having every hour I can with this beauty. We snuggle and play all day. This is really the hardest and best job in the world. There are some days when I do reflexology on a couple people, and I love it, but spending time with Lydia is 1,000 times more rewarding!
The latest thing about Lydia is that I cut her hair last week. It was so long on top and short on the sides. I couldn't take it anymore, so I cut it. I cried for a day because I wasn't used to it, but it really does look so much better!!!

No comments: