November 28, 2014

7 Week Update

 
 This girl is so emotive. She raises her eyebrows individually just like her dad. It's so cute! I definitely can't do it...
 And, of all people in the world she loves, her dad is definitely number one! She loves bath time and him. He comes home from work and just lights up her world.  
 I got this cutie all bundled up (because of the snow) and we drove to the school Karl works at. We helped him feed the fish for his aquaculture class. Mmmm I just love her!!!
 Sunday naps are something Karl looks forward to and I think Lydia agrees that they are a favorite. I love seeing him with her. I try to soak up every moment I have with them! Heavenly Father really has blessed my life!!!
A few nights ago Karl wanted to see how she would do on her own in the bumbo. She liked it for a few minutes and then got tired of holding her head up, so she rested it on that part in the back. She's getting so big it's not fair!!
 This little burrito baby did not like to be swaddled from weeks 3-6 and now loves it! She sleeps so well when I wrap her up and put her on the couch while I get things done. I am sooooo eternally grateful for the book On Becoming Baby Wise because it has truly helped me give my baby the gift of sleep. It's amazing how effective the methods are and how happy Lydia has been because she sleeps. She's not old enough to sleep through the night, but the longest stretch she's done was 6 hours! That's awesome!!! I love nights like that because I enjoy the rest I get. She even slept while I made 7 pies for Thanksgiving!
 Yesterday Lydia had her first Thanksgiving and loved it! We went to my brother, Brandon's house and I love being around their big family. Lydia doesn't mind the noise (which is nice) and loves the attention. She's so spoiled and loved by everyone who sees her! Karl had her most of the day while I helped prepare the meal. (Oh the joys of pumping breast milk....freedom.) Karl got a lot of quality time with his little lady (and Brandon during the football game) and I had a lot of fun with my nieces, nephews, and sister-in-law. (By the way, Karl said that she looks like a boy with this faux hawk, but I think it's super cute!)
Games with family are my favorite! It took forever playing scrabble with Bradley and Brooklyn, but it was so fun and memorable! Haley joined my team while I rubbed Michelle's feet. Then we couldn't resist, but put pigtails in Lydia's hair since it's so long. My baby has hair and I love it!!!!! I have a niece who couldn't get pigtails like this until she was 3. That's crazy! She's such a cute lady, I just can't get enough of her! 
Today she is 7 weeks old and time really has flown by. She's growing and is in 0-3 month clothing, but there are a few newborn outfits that still fit her. She is long and skinny, which we expect that of a Dahle baby. Also, she smiles A LOT. It's so stinkin' cute! One of my other favorite things is hearing her whimper in her sleep and then smiling shortly after. She's so fun and has her own personality already. Just can't get enough.

No comments: