December 29, 2015

Updates from Sept. to Dec. 2015

The first 6 pictures are from September. 
This is Lydia's favorite hiding spot in the house. I like it because it's low enough to be interesting and high enough to keep her away from the other books. I just keep it empty in there so she can play. 

These are from Mort's house and from Homecoming week. Karl dressed up as one of the characters from Hunger Games. It was pretty epic if you ask me.

This was the day that Lisa and I ran our first 10k. We have been training for a half marathon and I was surprised to get first place in my age group from the 10k. 

This shows how good of a climber Lydia is. She, currently, can climb onto our couch, over the back, and stand on the windowsill behind the couch. It's crazy!

There's always a TP picture in everyone's album right??

This is Karl and his brother Hans from Sandrailing in October at Mort's house. As you can see they had a blast.

This sweet baby had her 1-year shots and was really snuggly that day.



These two pictures were a very important day! It was Lisa's and my very first Half Marathon!! We ran 13.1 miles in Pocatello for the Just Cuz Half Marathon. Our times were pretty good and we felt awesome! Of course, I was walking like a penguin for a couple days, but it was definitely worth it. 

The St. Louis Zoo is the best because it is free and so beautiful! I am glad that Lydia and I got to visit Illinois for a week while Karl was at FFA Nationals in Kentucky. We flew back to Idaho on Halloween and had a really fun visiting family!

Elephants are our favorite!!!

We had a blast with my sister Michelle and her family and even took a trip to IKEA.

The day before Halloween was the trunk-or-treat at my parent's ward building and the chili cook off was really good. The judges/missionaries each year never vote for my dad as the winner, but it might be because they don't like sweet chili. But my dad makes the world's BEST chili. 

This was Lydia's first time touching snow. Little does she know that she will be seeing A LOT of snow in her life here in Idaho! haha!


Just before Thanksgiving Karl and I went snowmobiling with the Hammond Family and found a beautiful Christmas Tree. We decorated it and it fit perfectly in our little home. 

Lydia tried on Karl's boots and I think she's pretty close to being the same size as him! ;) haha! (He wears size 15...)

This little lady was trying to get my phone and I just wanted her to smile for the camera. Oh well, real life as a mom, I guess. 

At our ward Christmas party Lydia wanted water...I guess, a lot of water! 

We also let her talk to Santa, but it wasn't a long visit....

This was the first snowman that Karl and I have ever built together and I am grateful we got to share it with our lady.

Christmas morning was so nice just the three of us. We had fun with our traditions that we've combined from both of our families and it was such a relaxed and enjoyable day. 

During the afternoon on Christmas Day we took Lydia out snowmobiling for the first time ever (for 10 minutes) because she got new goggles for Christmas. They worked well, but this negative weather made her face get red really fast! We even pulled out a four wheeler that karl was fixing and pulled her on a sled behind it around the neighborhood. I think she liked it a lot. 
During our break I was making dinner and Lydia pushed her stool up to the counter and decided to help me. I love having her by my side!!!

No comments: