May 11, 2016

Third Trimester

4/10/16

Time is flying by so quickly with the pregnancy! I am loving every minute of it. I really do have the best pregnancies (and I can brag because this is MY blog haha!). I had my 24 week appointment with my midwife and I measured at 27 weeks, which she thought was interesting. My midwife said goodbye that day because she moved to Rhode Island and I now have a new midwife and her name is Marie. She is such a sweetheart and I am really excited that she is on this journey with me. She honors my abilities (as a reflexologist) and the fact that I am doing hypno-birthing during this pregnancy. She really is so great and has a calm temperament, which I need during my birthing time. 

5/8/16

A couple weeks ago I had my 28 week apt and had to take the glucose test. I hate that test, but I passed! During that appointment my midwife told me that I was again measuring 3 weeks ahead and I thought that was interesting...again. During my previous check-ups I have measured right on schedule with the due date, so I talked to my mom. She said that she was the same way with most of her babies. She just grows fast, I guess! My midwife and I are not worried, but during my next apt she said that if I still measure ahead then she wants to do an ultrasound to see if there is anything wrong. Fine with me! I'll be able to see my baby's face again. Yay! 
My goal during the entire pregnancy has been to stay active (which was hard during the winter months) and so far it's been great! I've done at-home work outs and up until I was 25 weeks or so I was running (and now I miss it) and I have started going to Zumba. There is an awesome lady in my town that offers free Zumba classes and I know that I'm not doing all of the moves perfectly, but I am moving and sweating and I love it!! She plays more modern songs than Hispanic ones, and I like that because I like to sing along. 
I feel really good about my little active baby right now because I finally have a favorite name for her picked out!!! It won't be final until we see her face in the hospital, but I feel more connected to her by at least having an idea of a name for her. The name fits her personality and it fits Karl's and my requirements--Easy to pronounce (because Karl is a teacher), not as common-but still common, not any same name as anyone in my immediate family. That's really hard because I have to factor in 79+ people's names. that has nothing to do with cousins, aunts, uncles, or grandparents. 
We are excited for this lady's arrival. Her due date is July 17th, but if she decides she is ready to come 3 weeks earlier, then I am okay with that! 

No comments: