September 15, 2013

Will the Updates Ever End?

So, while I was in Illinois I went to my sister's Paparazzi Party (which was awesome!), I gave a talk at church, I gave a talk at a young women's activity and sang a song with my sister there, I went to my friend's baby's first birthday party, and I went to my little sister's concerts. This was all besides going to my best friend's and sister's weddings. It was a trip worth taking! Here are some more things to update about:
~ I took a Hunter's Safety Class with my friend, Shannon. It was fun because I knew nothing and I was among a class of 10 year-olds who knew everything. It was strange indeed. A few months later I bought my hunting/fishing license. I will be using it for when Karl and I get deer next month, but I don't think I can actually do the killing. Our 243 scares me every time Karl shoots it.
~On March 14 I made pie for 3.14 since Anne Marie loves to eat pie.
~There were a couple times when Anne Marie and I got to ride horses. We helped a lady brush them and clean them and then she taught us how to handle her horses. I love riding!
~ Anne Marie was recognized as one of the exchange students and we were so proud of all that she finished and accomplished while she was here. The day of graduation we visited the Seniors and their parties and it was nice to get all dressed up.
 
 
  ~ Here is a picture of all the Seniors from last year. (I know I live in a small town now...)
~ Anne Marie, after she graduated, was able to get her driver's license. She was so excited to get it because it's cheaper and easier to get a license than in Norway.
~ Karl's sister, RaAnna, also graduated. She graduated from 8th grade and was so excited to be a freshman this year. I assume it's going well because of all the activities she is involved in.
~ For FFA we went to Moscow, ID for state CDE's and the kids had so much fun. They did competitions, hung out in the hotel, went to sessions, and went to the dance. I must admit, I had fun too!
 
~On the first of June we had Hell's Canyon Day here in  Cambridge. I didn't realize how big it was until I went. So many fundraisers were there and different businesses from different areas. There were also a lot of pretty cool cars that were shown. Different colors, styles, and years. At the end of the day they had a bull-a-rama. I love to watch bull riding!
 
~Also, in June we went to the Dahle Family Reunion and it was so much fun! Karl's relatives loved her and they loved that she was from Norway. Some of Karl's aunts and uncles served missions in Norway and One of the them is actually from there. We brought some Norwegian Chocolate for them to indulge in, and of course they loved that! Here is a pic of Marleis and Anne Marie in the middle of one of their hikes.
~One downer about the house we live in is that the bats really liked us for a while. The first one came in from the chimney while Anne Marie was with us and we ended up having A LOT more bats in July. It was kind of a nightmare for me. Here is a pic of the bat that Karl killed, the first victim of many.
~Before she left we made sure to go boating a couple times. We even threw a birthday bash for her while boating with her friends.
 Anne Marie's Peanut Butter and Chocolate cake. I made it and it was divine!
This is Karl and Josie (One of our good friends that Anne Marie invited).
Anne Marie loves our boat, can't you tell? haha!
~She then had to leave us on June 13th and we were so sad. Life goes on and we were so grateful to have her live with us last year. We will never forget all the fun times and memories we made with her!




No comments: