January 10, 2014

Holiday Fun!

Karl was so wonderful to take me home to Illinois for Christmas this last year (2013) and it was the best gift ever! It was so worth it to see half of my siblings for the holidays. We built stronger bonds, friendships, and memories for years to come! And it would not have been possible if Nicole and Brent hadn't driven with us. They made the trip feasible and worth it! 
I had so much fun with my sisters! We are all so different, yet so much alike. I love that about us!
There were 6 of the 11 kids that were home for Christmas. I love my huge family, even though we can't be together all the time, it's still nice to know you have THIS many people on your side! They are my favorite people in the whole world!!!!
In case none of you know our names here....we have (from left to right) Andy, Nicole, Cami, Michelle, Marcus, and Cherise (me). We are missing Brandon, Brian, Jake, Matt, and Adam. 
We just love our new sister-in-law Danielle! She is such a joy to everyone around her and she is strong and awesome!
We all played fun games for New Year's Eve, including "Yip Bong". It was hilarious to play with the missionaries! The point of the game is that you can't show your teeth and "Yip" passes it on and "Bong" reverses it. It's even harder to not show your teeth when you're laughing so hard. 
Karl was laughing so hard he was crying. It was hilarious! I think I got some tears from laughing so hard too. 
All in all the trip was wonderful. We arrived safely there and came home safely. It was my Christmas present from Karl and I'm so grateful!

No comments: