August 4, 2014

Exciting News!!!

In January 2014 I found out I was pregnant! It was the most exciting thing for Karl and me and I calculated that the baby is due October 7, 2014. During the time frame of my being 6 weeks - 10 weeks pregnant I had morning sickness type symptoms. I prayed every day to ask Heavenly Father let me eat food and keep it down so the baby could grow and be healthy and strong. There were some foods that were so gross and a few that would settle my stomach. I felt hungry all the time and it was a constant battle to figure out what to eat. I was grateful that I could still enjoy eating cereal even though I would throw it up every day. It was simple and healthy, so I persisted to eat it. After a while the food that sounded and tasted the best was yellow apples with peanut butter. It really was the most delicious thing ever!
We thought this would be a fun announcement picture for Facebook-family and friends to see that we were pregnant! One person thought that Karl was the 2 because he's super tall, which I thought it was hilarious!
Then I posted this picture showing what I looked like and how far along I was in the pregnancy. I was 145 lbs. when I got pregnant and that was a blessing to have gone down in size before I got pregnant. I was back to my high school weight, so I didn't have to worry too much about gaining/getting rid of unnecessary weight. 
Then I posted this picture. I am grateful for social media so I can show my family and friends updates on exciting news all at once. When I was 10 weeks along I went to my reflexologist and after a session with him I haven't felt sick for the rest of the pregnancy. That has been a wonderful blessing! He truly is a miracle worker and it was nice to be able to enjoy food again. Stuffed peppers (as mentioned in the picture) were the first real food I had since the morning sickness went away.

No comments: