August 4, 2014

Continuing in the Journey

In may I was in my 2nd trimester of the pregnancy and I waited until I was 18 weeks along to go to the doctor. I didn't want to go before hand because all they would tell me was that I was pregnant and healthy, which I already knew those things. Through muscle testing and training to become a reflexologist I knew how to ask questions and get the answers that I knew were right and which questions to ask. I also didn't want to spend an unnecessary amount of money on something so pointless. 
 When I finally did have my appointment the doctor said that my tests all came back normal and that I and the baby were both healthy. Such a blessing! We also had an ultrasound and it affirmed what I already knew....that we are having a baby GIRL!!!! Karl and I loved the ultrasound. It was so fun to see the baby and to see that she was healthy and pretty chill when it came to her movements (which she has been that same chill baby the whole time).
Ugh she is so cute and we love her already! I love feeling her inside of me and I noticed how in sync her emotions were to mine. It's such a cool experience, and Karl has loved feeling her move and dance in my belly. I love that he can bond with her a little bit, but I know he'll bond more once she's with us!

In the middle of all of this Karl found out that the school he was working for wouldn't continue his contract for teaching in the Fall, which meant that he needed to find a job somewhere else. This was devastating for Karl and me so we sought comfort through prayer to our Heavenly Father. Instantly Karl and I felt calm and relieved with whatever God wanted us to do and where to go. He truly has been with us every step of our lives and it was comforting to know that he would help us figure out where to go for employment and for the next chapter of our lives. 
We learned through prayer that we should only apply to a few places, which was hard for us and for others because we wanted to apply to many places so we could make sure that we would get a job before the summer was over. But, God had a different plan for us. When we were declined the job to the different places we applied to we became discouraged in our answers and in what Heavenly Father wanted for us. We were second guessing the answers we received thinking we may have misinterpreted the promptings from the Holy Spirit.
Then, during the first week of July Karl got a phone call from an Ag Teacher in Eastern Idaho saying that the school he worked at needed a second Ag Teacher. And a few days later Karl got a call from the principal of that school asking if he could interview him. Wow! Karl didn't even apply there (and still hasn't filled out an application) and still had the opportunity to possibly get the job. The day he got that call we drove over to Rexburg area and the next day Karl had an interview in Ashton, Idaho at North Fremont High School. The interview went well, and we had high hopes. The next day we went to the Rexburg Temple and prayed to know if this place was where Heavenly Father wanted us to have a job and live at. We felt that it was the right place to live, but we still needed to wait to see if Karl got the job.
The next week Karl got the call that he got the job so we went apartment hunting to find a place to live until we sell our house. As of now, we live in St. Anthony, Idaho and love it! We love the new adventure we're on and we love that it's near where we went to college so we are already familiar with the area. We are grateful for the answers we received during the previous months to stall us until this opportunity became available. Everything has fallen into place perfectly and we have been enormously blessed! The apartment is small, but we can do anything temporarily, right? Right!

No comments: